BR3 : The Last Leaf and Other Stories

Look at the last leaf on the vine. It's still there. (p.31)

 This book has five stories and "The last leaf" is my favorite story. I had read this book which is written in Japanese and I thought I wanted to read in English, this is why I chose this. There is a girl in the bet, she became ill. She always looked at a tree outside. Then she said, the last leaf will fall soon and I will die. So a kindness man painted leaves on the wall for her. The leaves never fall. I was moved when I finished reading this. If I were her friend, what I say or do for her. I want to be kind to people like the man.

Henry, O. (2005) The Last Leaf and Other Stories. Macmillan Heinemann ELT

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

BR: A Midsummer Night's Dream

BR: The Black Tulip

Henry and Mudge take the Big Test